Michigan Multipayer CPC+ Steering Committee Update
The Michigan Multipayer CPC+ Steering Committee continues its work to work together as payer, practice and Physician Organization leaders to tackle important issues for those who serve CPC+ patients in our state. The Steering Committee has launched each of its four subcommittees and many members of the CPC+ community have stepped forward to serve on them. Ruth Clark and Dr. Dennis Ramus chair the Leadership and Payer Recruitment subcommittee. Dr. Jerome Finkel leads the Care Interventions Subcommittee. The chair of the Dashboards and Performance Oversight subcommittee is Alicia Majcher, and the Metric Alignment Subcommittee works under the leadership of Dr. Theresa Osborne. The subcommittees provide a wonderful opportunity to continue the path to success for CPC+ and advanced primary care in Michigan.
It’s not too late to join a subcommittee. Charters for each group are posted on the “About Us” tab. If you are interested in contributing to the work by serving on a subcommittee, please use the “Contact Us” tab or email Diane Marriott directly at email@example.com.
Making Your 2018 Financial Reporting Easier: A Quick Guide for Reporting Commercial
CMS has made some important changes to CPC+ revenue reporting for 2018. The Multipayer Team and Michigan Payers have developed a quick guide tip sheet to help you in your upcoming financial reporting obligations. Several important changes have been made by CMS for 2018 reporting. First, they have provided time for year-end wrap up, and practices will now have between 1/1/19 and 2/28/19 to submit PY2018 financial reporting. As well, you do not need to submit prospective financial forecasts for CPC+ revenues and expenditures, just your actual 2018 information. Nor will you have to report revenue breakouts (care management revenue, alternative FFS revenue, etc.) required or labor expenses breakouts by activity, greatly simplifying reporting. Note that you may want to keep these for your own planning and record-keeping, but they will not be required.
To help you report your commercial revenue accurately and easily, by February 5, 2019, each Michigan CPC+ payer will distribute reporting as follows:
- BCBSM will distribute practice-specific reports to POs that detail the revenue disbursed to each CPC+ practice for its attributed CPC+ BCBSM membership. The reports will use the latest and most complete data available. Thus, reports will likely cover a twelve-month period from November 2017 to November 2018 which should be reported as 2018 revenue to CMS; more recent data will be provided if available. If you have questions about these payments for your CPC+ members, please contact your PGIP Field Representative.If your practice is not PCMH PGIP-designated, the only CPC+ payment you would reflect is related to Clinical Quality VBR and G/CPT codes billed for provider-delivered care management. Note that this applies to only a very small number of practices.
- Priority will distribute practice-specific reports to ACNs that detail the revenue disbursed to each CPC+ practice for its attributed CPC+ Priority membership. The reports will use the latest and most complete data available and are anticipated to cover the entire 2018 calendar year’s revenue.
- HealthScope did not have 2018 commercial membership in Michigan in CPC+, and thus will not distribute reports, but are actively working on achieving CPC+ participation from its self-insured customers.
Earn ABFM And ABIM MOC credit
As you may have seen in CMS CPC+ distributions, two specialty societies credit CPC+ providers for their work in the program. The American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) is providing practice improvement (Part 4) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) credit to diplomates participating in CPC+. To apply for credit, you must complete a brief form to attest to your CPC+ participation and answer a few questions to help ABFM understand how CPC+ is helping you improve patient care. ABFM has already loaded an attestation form on its website. To access the form:
- Log into the ABFM site.
- Click “Physician Portfolio” on the Welcome Page, on the left-hand side of the page.
- Find “Spotlight Program” and select “Comprehensive Primary Care Plus”.
- Load the attestation form
As well, American Board of Internal Medicine Board (ABIM)-certified physicians are eligible to earn 20 Practice Assessment Points and Patient Safety credit in the American Board of Internal Medicine MOC program for each year that they participate in CPC+. Once you apply for the ABIM MOC credit, you will continue to receive credit annually for as long as you participate in CPC+, so there is no need to reapply. For more information, review the CPC+ ABIM MOC fact sheet.
New Community Integrated Paramedicine Program
Community integrated paramedicine is an innovative concept that leverages the flexibility and mobility of paramedics with chronic, complex patients who have difficulty accessing primary care offices. The State of Michigan has initiated community integrated paramedine pilot programs to implement this concept. Learn more about them in the attached article.
Michigan Care Management Resource Center (MiCMRC) Courses and Offerings
The MiCMRC has some interested and useful upcoming educational programming of interest as noted below.
MiCMRC Care Management Educational Webinars
Title: Conversations for Michigan Physician Orders for Scope of Treatment (MI-POST)
Date and Time: Wednesday, October 31st 2-3 pm
Title: Depression in Primary Care
Date and Time: Wednesday, December 12th 2-3 pm
For details and registration: www.micmrc.org
MiCMRC Complex Care Management Course Registration: for course details and registration click here
MiCMRC Approved Self-Management Support Programs: to learn more please visit www.micmrc.org
The MiCMRC Patient and Family Engagement New eLearning Module Is Now Available!
MiCMRC has launched the eLearning module “Patient and Family Engagement (PFE)”. Nursing and Social Work CE contact hour available. This new eLearning module is part of a series titled “Basic Care Management Program”. Full details available at the Michigan Care Management Resource Center website www.micmrc.org
Also, for Patient Engagement resources click here