As the CPC+ stakeholder community in Michigan, we adopt the following as our vision and strategy to support CPC+ success
Overall Multipayer CPC+ Michigan Vision: To use the CMS CPC+ demonstration program as a nationally visible opportunity to: 1) Align commercial and governmental payer policies and approaches; 2) Support CPC+ participating practices, providers and physician organizations with tools, techniques and processes to transform the primary care delivery model; and 3) Achieve a common long-term multipayer approach to an ongoing and sustained advanced primary care in Michigan.
Strategic Pillars Supporting the Michigan CPC+ Multipayer Vision: To achieve this vision, informed by the CPC+ Michigan stakeholder community, we will work together on strategic pillars selected to:
- Be of interest to CPC+ practices, payers, POs and stakeholders at large;
- Be finite and defined with incremental milestones so as to make them measurable
- Contribute to high performance on CPC+ metrics and return on investment to payers; and
- Support the sustainability of aligned multipayer primary care delivery and payment policy.
Four “vital few” pillars support fulfill these criteria and were seen as the most important in advancing CPC+ success and contributing to a strong population health-based system of care delivery as follows:
1) Leadership, Payer Recruitment and Policy Advocacy 2) Multipayer Metric Alignment, 3) Actionable Multipayer Dashboards, and 4) Development and Spread of Effective Care Interventions
The CPC Plus Michigan Vision and Milestones V.17-8-6-19 also includes time-bound milestones for goal realization across the four key areas.